Soul Jazz Records Presents Studio One Kings Vinyl LP Yellow Colour Black Friday 2023
A limited edition release for Black Friday 2023.
- Larry Marshall - I've Got To Make It
- Horace Andy - Every Tongue Shall Tell
- Alton Ellis - The Well Run Dry
- Johnny Osbourne - Water More Than Flour
- Anthony Rocky Ellis - I'm The Ruler
- Cornell Campbell - Pretty Looks Isn't All
- Alexander Henry - Please Be True
- Burning Spear - Them A Come
- Joe Higgs - Change Of Plan
- Devon Russell - Roots Natty
- Ken Boothe - Be Yourself
- Freddie Mcgregor - I Shall Be Released
- Freddie Mckay - Father Will Cut You Off
- The Ethiopian - Locust
- George Philip - One One
- John Holt - I Don't Want To See You Cry
- Delroy Wilson - Won't You Come Home
This is a one-off new special edition of one of the most popular of all the Soul Jazz Records' collections, which has been out of print for many years! Featuring a great new sleeve design as well as a special color vinyl pressing, Studio One Kings is a 'who's who' of the world's greatest reggae artists. The list of singers launched at the famous label reads like a roll call of Jamaican music: Horace Andy, Alton Ellis, Ken Boothe, Freddie McGregor, Johnny Osbourne and more.
This album features classic and rare tracks that span the breadth of the legendary Studio One catalogue: Ska, Roots, Rocksteady, Lovers and more from the 1960s and 70s, and has sleeve-notes by the great writer Chris Salewicz, author of books on Reggae Explosion, Rude Boy as well as books on Bob Marley, The Rolling Stones, Jimmy Page, Joe Strummer and more.
"Since the '90s, this British label has done aficionados and novices alike an incalculable service, courtesy of their ongoing series featuring Studio One recordings." --POP MATTERS
"Latest Studio One collection from Soul Jazz includes sixties and seventies classics such as Cornel Campbell's version of the Heptones' Pretty Looks, Alexander Henry's Please Be True, Horace Andy's Every Tongue Shall Tell, Delroy Wilson's Won't You Come Home, Anthony Ellis' I Am The Ruler and Joe Higgs' Change Of Plan alongside brilliant obscurities such as Larry Marshall's heartbreaking I've Got To Make It, Freddie McKay's wicked Father Will Cut You Off, Ken Boothe's Be Yourself, Alton Ellis' Well Run Dry and George Phillips' alternative vocal to Delroy Wilson's One One." --DUB VENDOR
"Essential hard to find reggae classics" --HARDWAX
*Restricted to 1 copy per customer/household. All multiple orders will be cancelled without notice.