LISA BASSENGE CANYON SONGS LP VINYL NEW 33RPM
1. 1 Riders On The Storm (The Doors) (with Till BrÃƒÂ¶nner)
2. 2 Angeles (Elliot Smith) (with Till BrÃƒÂ¶nner)
3. 3 'Aht Uh Mi Hed (Shuggie Otis)
4. 4 All Stripped Down (Tom Waits) (with Till BrÃƒÂ¶nner)
5. 5 For What It's Worth (Stephen Stills)
6. 6 Last Chance Texaco (Rickie Lee Jones)
7. The Same Situation (Joni Mitchell)
8. Searching For A Heart (Rickie Lee Jones)
9. Her Town Too (James Taylor / JD Souther)
10. I Just Wasn't Made For These Times (Brian Wilson)
11. Blue Skies (Tom Waits)
Berlin based singer Lisa Bassenge is one of the best German femal jazz vocalists. Apart from her recordings with her ""Lisa Bassenge Trio"" she has worked with musicians like Pee Wee Ellis, Fred Wesley, Nicola Conte, Demba NabÃƒÂ©, Stuart Staples (Tindersticks) and the WDR Big Band.
Now she teamed up with one of the most successful producers: Larry Klein. Larry has produced albums like Melody Gardot's ""My One and Only Thrill"", Herbie Hancocks' "" The Joni Letters"" (Grammy ""Album of the Year""), Till BrÃƒÂ¶nner's ""Oceana"" (his most successful album yet), Madeleine Peyroux's ""Careless Love"" among many others international gold and platinum albums.
The theme of the album is Los Angeles. Lisa and Larry chose some classic and hidden hits from the golden era of LA-songwriting: ""Riders on the Storm"" (The Doors), ""For What It's Worth (Buffalo Springfield) & songs written and performed by James Taylos, Tom Waitts, The Beach Boys, Rickie Lee Jones etc. The result is ""Canyon Songs"" - a sensitive jazzy melancholic and also also trendy and cool production. She is accompanied by outstanding musicians like trumpet-player Till BrÃƒÂ¶nner, guitar-player Thomas Dybdahl or drummer Vinnie Colaiuta.